Hello all! I couldn’t wait to share the news! Last Friday, Raelynne and I had the awesome privilege of attending the St. Petersburg Ballet performing “Swan Lake”! We were so excited! It really was a chance of a lifetime and a dream come true.Long story short, I had been trying to get tickets for the ballet in Port Elizabeth, but they had been completely sold out for a month already. Last Wednesday, I decided to try one last time to get tickets, and discovered that there were still tickets available in Grahamstown, a city about 2 hours away. Through a friend, I was able to get a place to stay for the night, and so Raelynne and I bought our tickets at 2pm on Friday afternoon, and we were driving on the highway by 3:30pm. Wow!
I was really quite nervous about traveling on African highways by myself (with my 10 year old daughter), but a friend of mine said to me… “Just go, you won’t be sorry.” And I thought to myself, how can I be so close to the St. Petersburg ballet company and not do everything in my power to get there. So... we did it! We drove on a strange highway, to a strange city, and slept in a stranger’s house (although they ended up being beautiful people), and we had the most amazing evening! (above is a picture of us before leaving the guesthouse)
The ballet was incredible! Such incredible beauty – the sets (so beautiful that the audience would gasp and applaud when the curtains opened), the costumes, and the incredible strength and agility of world class dancers. Wow! Words can’t describe the experience except that it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you, Father, for your goodness to us!
I also wanted to send a special “Thank You” to those precious people in our lives who were praying for safe travel for us! We had an awesome African highway experience!
I had to take a picture of this plaque hanging outside of the theatre! It’s so true! And to tell you the truth... I'm proud of myself for doing this! I know I'm stronger today for facing my fears of traveling on my own. Good job, Shauna. Or, as they say in SA, "You're such a star!"
I also wanted to send a special “Thank You” to those precious people in our lives who were praying for safe travel for us! We had an awesome African highway experience!
I had to take a picture of this plaque hanging outside of the theatre! It’s so true! And to tell you the truth... I'm proud of myself for doing this! I know I'm stronger today for facing my fears of traveling on my own. Good job, Shauna. Or, as they say in SA, "You're such a star!"
4 comments:
wow!
too cool.
Sounds awesome, although I am not really a ballet guy, Im sure this Peter guy and his friends did a great job. Good for you taking that drive, that takes a lot of courage.
Talk to you soon
I can only imagine... (I was thinking how cool it would be to *gasp* at the beauty of a set and costumes.) I love beautiful things... they make my world joyous (like you).
sounds fantastic and adventures. I'm trying to skype you but can't remember your skype name. Let me know.
We're doing good. Gils is in Paraguai right now we survived our first Calgary flood.
Miss you guys lots!
Kerstin
Post a Comment