It’s February and we are in “full-swing” here in
It was such an awesome time and we got spoiled rotten! rm weather and beautiful sights. They cuddled baby lions, saw penguins up close and personal, swam in the
The kids especially enjoyed riding their new bikes for Grandma and Grandpa to see. (We all got blessed with bikes for Christmas! Thanks Mom and Dad! You're so good to us!)
I’m glad to say that, in the middle of sightseeing, Mom and Dad were also able to have a good rest. The funny thing was that Dad rests best when he’s fixing or building things (lucky for us :)! And you can imagine that after a month of staying with us, he was able to fix a lot! And Mom rests best when she is cleaning or decorating! I am so blessed! Even now I look around and I can see their “fingerprints” everywhere! It makes me feel “closer” to home somehow!
Celebrating a Tropical Christmas was definitely a unique experience! We shared our celebrations with Becky Vaughn and it was so special to have her join us! For those of you who don't know Becky yet, she is a Canadian who has been living here for 4 years and is currently working at Victory4All. She's quickly becoming a dear friend! It was weird, though, having to cook a turkey in 30 degree weather. No wonder most people just serve cold cuts and salad (they probably thought to themselves “what crazy Canadians!”). Thank you, Jesus, that it actually rained on Christmas Eve, otherwise we wouldn’t have been able to stand the heat in the kitchen! But, man, that turkey tasted good! It was worth all the effort!
It was definitely tough saying goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa after such an incredible family time for all of us! There were many tears, and even Erwin didn't want them to go home! (How many sons-in-law do you know who actually WANT their in-laws to stay longer?)
We REALLY LOVED having you here! And you are always welcome!”
Fortunately, we didn’t really have time to feel sad because we went right back into “back to school” busyness. We’re back into regular routine now and here’s what’s happening…
David is in Grade 1
and yes… Rachel is in Kindergarten!
Can you believe it? This is the first time in 11 years that I don’t have a preschooler at home in the mornings!!! Wow! What a change! So what is Shauna doing? But I’m also excited to say that I’ve got the privilege of heading up the new reading program this year at
Erwin is also doing well. He had a good rest over the Christmas holidays and is now gearing up for our first Worship Retreat on Feb 22-23. (Watch out everyone, the “Queen of Games” is back! :) We’ve also got a whole new group of
We love you all and miss you dearly! Please keep the emails coming—we love to hear from you!
Erwin, Shauna, Raelynne, Joshua, David & Rachel
P.S. Isn't this a great picture? Mom took it just outside Cape Town in a place called Hout Bay. What a beautiful world we live in! What precious memories!
2 comments:
I've been waiting for new pictures posted...They are very nice!! The kids are growing to fast. WOW!! Deanna asked how old is David? I think he's 6. We miss you guys and lots of loves from the Eastmans
Awesome, i'm happy for all of you!! I miss you soooo much, have a great 2008
Post a Comment